TECHNOLOGY AND STARTUPS
The Technology and Startup Team at McGuire, Wood & Bissette understands that technology and startup companies have special legal needs, such as raising capital, protecting and managing intellectual property, attracting and incentivizing talent and navigating strategic relationships. We also realize that these needs evolve throughout the lifecycle of your company.
So if your company is a startup that needs to protect its intellectual property and align its growth and exit strategies with its funding and market opportunities to position itself for success, our Technology and Startup Team can help you grow. And if your business is a later-stage company that needs to raise additional rounds of funding, manage and enforce its intellectual property rights and acquire and partner with other companies to continue its growth trajectory, we can help.
Our Technology and Startup Team’s extensive legal experience in the areas of corporate, intellectual property, tax and litigation — and our prior business experience with software development, IT consulting and startups — allow us to serve the legal needs of your company efficiently and effectively. We are also a member of Asheville Angels, a member-based angel investor network that connects angel investors with investment opportunities in Asheville’s early-stage, high-growth companies.
Our Technology and Startup Team routinely counsels the following types of technology companies:
- Internet and Ecommerce
- Scientific and IT Consulting
- Medical Devices and Health Care Technology
- Industrial Technology
- Education Technology
Representative Technology and Startup Legal Services
- Consulting Services Agreements
- Website and Software Development Agreements
- Nondisclosure, Confidentiality and Non-Compete Agreements
- Software Licensing Agreements
- Trademark, Copyright, Patent and Product Licensing
- Merger, Reorganization and Joint Venture Agreements
- Domain Purchase and Transfer Agreements
- Term Sheets and Letters of Intent
- Private Placement Memorandum and Subscription Agreements