Matthew S. Roberson
Matthew Roberson focuses his practice on the area of creditor’s rights. He helps businesses and individuals achieve successful results in debt recovery, judgment enforcement, foreclosures, bankruptcy matters, receiverships and commercial litigation. Matt also regularly advises and represents commercial and residential landlords in the drafting and negotiation of leases, compliance with federal, state and local laws, and eviction proceedings. He has represented national and community lenders, equipment manufacturers, leasing companies, property management companies, and community associations in a wide array of structured workouts, reorganizations, and litigation proceedings in state and federal court.
48 Patton Avenue
P.O. Box 3180
Asheville, NC 28802-3180
- Obtained pre-judgment attachment on 3,000 acres of land to secure recovery in a breach of contract action.
- Assisted a creditor with a $500,000 judgment obtain an exception to the judgment debtor’s bankruptcy discharge.
- Represented an out-of-state judgment creditor in domesticating and obtaining full recovery on a judgment from the debtor’s assets in North Carolina.
- Served as a court-appointed receiver to liquidate assets and pay creditors of an dissolved company.
- Regularly assists community associations in covenant and assessment enforcement actions.
- Successfully defended claims against former officers and directors of community associations.
North Carolina (2004)
United States District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of North Carolina
United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern and Western Districts of North Carolina
Pisgah Legal Services, Mountain area Volunteer Lawyers (2004-present)
Buncombe County Bar, Executive Committee and Pro Bono Committee
American Inns of Court, Harry C. Martin Inn of Court
Arden Presbyterian Church
Campbell University, Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2004)
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (B.A., Political Science, 2000)
Super Lawyers®, General Litigation (2013, 2017 - 2019)
Biltmore Beacon 40 Under Forty, Class of 2018
Pisgah Legal Services Outstanding Service Award (2011)