Lisa M. Rothman
Lisa helps surviving spouses, children, and fiduciaries through the probate process. She handles the preparation and filing of court documents, and assists with the coordination of disbursements to creditors and distributions to beneficiaries. She works with fiduciaries to prepare court accountings and consolidate supporting documents. Lisa also advises trustees regarding the creation, funding, and administration of irrevocable trusts. She regularly coordinates with financial advisors, accountants, other attorneys, government entities and financial institutions to secure timely and thorough administration of complex estates and trusts.
- Successfully assists beneficiaries with asset determination, location, consolidation and distribution.
- Compassionately guides surviving spouses through estate administration process.
- Effectively assists clients in securing benefits from non-probate assets such as pay on death accounts, IRAs, 401ks, pensions, life insurance and stock options.
- Works closely with financial advisors and tax planners to avoid or minimize tax burdens to beneficiaries.
- Handles complex asset transfers such as privately held corporate interests, closely held small business interest, intellectual property interests, and unique tangible personal property.
- Assists non-citizens, non-residents with the administration of NC estates and trusts.
- Regularly prepares US Estate and Generation Skipping Transfer Tax Returns (Form 706) for multi-million dollar estates.
University of Miami School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2001)
University of Miami School of Business Administration (M.B.A., 2001)
University of Florida, (B.A., cum laude, 1997)
North Carolina (2009)
- Vice-Chair Advent Health Foundation Hendersonville, Board Member
- Jewish Family Services, Board Vice-Chair
- Congregation Beth Isreal, Development Committee Member
- Volunteer with Blue Ridge Honor Flight
- Leadership Asheville, Class 36 Graduate
- National Business Institute – Estate Planning and Administration: The Complete Guide (Presenter, 2019)
- Best Lawyers in America®, Trusts and Estates (2024)
- Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite, Tax & Estate Planning (2023)
- Super Lawyers®, Estate & Probate (2023)