Kathleen R. Rodberg
Kathleen Rodberg specializes in elder law and focuses on a wide array of matters. From traditional estate planning and administration to the unique and challenging issues facing the elderly and those with disabilities, Kathleen will work to support you and your family as you address current concerns and plan for the future. The often complex situations of elderly or disabled clients require detailed planning and a specific knowledge base in the area of elder law. Kathleen regularly helps clients establish and administer guardianship and special needs trusts, develop comprehensive Medicaid and long-term care plans, and prepare traditional estate planning documents. In addition, Kathleen frequently gives presentations on topics like recent developments in elder law, special needs trust taxation, and probate matters.
48 Patton Avenue
PO Box 3180
Asheville, North Carolina 28802-3180
- Helped numerous married couples qualify for long-term care Medicaid benefits for an ill spouse to preserve assets for the healthy spouse living at home.
- Assisted in a jury trial for an individual seeking to restore competency after being adjudicated incompetent.
- Helped a family explore less-intrusive alternatives to a guardianship for their incompetent parent who was refusing all assistance.
Helped long-term care facilities resolve Medicaid eligibility issues for residents who were denied.
- Aston Park Health Care Center (Board Member)
- Henderson County Council on Aging (Board President)
- Western Carolina Medical Society Foundation (Board Member, Secretary)
- NC Bar Association Elder & Special Needs Law Section Council (Vice Chair)
- National Academy of Elder Law of Elder Law Attorneys (Member)
- Alzheimer's Association Walk to End Alzheimer's (Sponsorship Committee Member)
- Buncombe County Bar (Member)
North Carolina (2012)
U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina (2012)
N.C. State Bar Board Certified Specialist in Elder Law
- One of only 22 attorneys in North Carolina who has received the Board Certified Specialist in Elder Law distinction.
Wake Forest University School of Law (J.D., 2012)
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (B.A. Political Science & B.A. German, 2009)
Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA) by the National Elder Law Foundation
- One of only 17 attorneys in North Carolina who has received the CELA distinction.
Super Lawyers® (2019)