Kathleen R. Rodberg
Kathleen Rodberg is a North Carolina State Bar Board Certified Specialist in Elder Law. From traditional estate planning and administration to the unique and challenging issues facing the elderly and those with disabilities, Kathleen will work to support you and your family as you address current concerns and plan for the future. The often complex situations of elderly or disabled clients require detailed planning and a specific knowledge base in the area of elder law. Kathleen regularly helps clients establish and administer guardianship and special needs trusts, develop comprehensive Medicaid and long-term care plans, and prepare traditional estate planning documents. In addition, Kathleen frequently gives presentations on topics like recent developments in elder law, special needs trust taxation, and probate matters.
- Helped numerous married couples qualify for long-term care Medicaid benefits for an ill spouse to preserve assets for the healthy spouse living at home.
- Assisted in a jury trial for an individual seeking to restore competency after being adjudicated incompetent.
- Helped a family explore less-intrusive alternatives to a guardianship for their incompetent parent who was refusing all assistance.
- Helped long-term care facilities resolve Medicaid eligibility issues for residents who were denied.
Wake Forest University School of Law (J.D., 2012)
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (B.A. Political Science & B.A. German, 2009)
Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA) by the National Elder Law Foundation
North Carolina (2012)
U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina (2012)
Member of the Elder Law Specialty Committee of the North Carolina Bar Board of Legal Specialization
N.C. State Bar Board Certified Specialist in Elder Law
- Aston Park Health Care Center (Board Chair)
- Jewish Community Center of Asheville (Board Member)
- Western Carolina Medical Society Foundation (Board Member, Secretary)
- N.C. Bar Association Elder & Special Needs Law Section (Immediate Past Chair, Pro-Bono Committee Co-Chair)
- Henderson County Council on Aging (Past Board President)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (Member, N.C. Bar Association Liason)
- Buncombe County Bar (Member)
Best Lawyers® of America, Ones to Watch (2021 – 2022)
Super Lawyers®, Elder Law (2019 – 2022)