Jeffrey J. Owen
Jeffrey focuses primarily on tax motivated corporate transactions, as well as general tax matters. His corporate practice involves general business consulting at all entity life stages — from formation, capitalization, distributions and liquidations to stock and asset sales. Jeffrey frequently renders advice on increasing tax efficiency, tax-free reorganizations, liability concerns and structured debt transactions. He consults on North Carolina state and local tax issues, nonprofit concerns (particularly those of religious organizations) and international tax issues.
48 Patton Avenue
PO Box 3180
Asheville, North Carolina 28802-3180
- Served as Corporate Counsel in $5M split-off of shareholder in a $30M business
- Served as Local Counsel on a $54M sale of a local Asheville company to a publicly traded company.
- Served as Tax Counsel on a $28M sale of a reinsurance business.
- Advises three multinational corporations on transfer pricing, tax minimization strategy, and corporate law issues.
- Advises local Asheville family holding $40M of real estate in multiple jurisdictions on contract matters, tax optimization, and treaty issues.
Jeffrey gives back to the community through his participation in:
- Central United Methodist Church of Asheville, Inc. Administrative Board (Board Chair, 2014-2016)
- WNC Communities (Board Chair, 2014-2015)
- Asheville Breakfast Rotary Club (President 2013-2014)
- Asheville Masters Swimming, Inc. (President, 2008-Present)
- Pisgah Legal Services (Tax Team)
- Country Club of Asheville, Inc. (Board Member 2010-2013; Secretary 2013)
North Carolina (2002)
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina (2002)
U.S. Tax Court (2002)
University of Denver (LL.M. Taxation, 2001)
Wake Forest University (J.D., 2000; B.A. cum laude with honors, 1997)
Super Lawyer Listed as a “Rising Star” (2014)