More than half of all Americans lack essential estate planning documents (2017 Survey by Caring.com). If you don’t yet have your estate plan in order, now may be a great time to get started. National Estate Planning Awareness Week is October 15th through the 21st. In recognition of National Estate Planning Awareness Week, we are posting a series of blogs designed to help explain the who, what, when, why, and how of estate planning. We hope the articles encourage you to face the hard questions, make difficult decisions, and take action with respect to your own estate plan. By doing so, you create peace of mind for yourself and your family.
Here is a sneak peek of the forthcoming articles:
- WHAT: On Monday, Andrew D. Atherton will provide a general overview of estate planning.
- WHO: Sarah Sparboe Thornburg will address who needs an estate plan on Tuesday.
- WHEN: Wednesday’s post, written by Harris M. Livingstain, will address when you should prepare and/or update your estate plan.
- WHY: On Thursday, Mary E. Euler will address the implications of failing to plan.
- HOW: To wrap up the week, on Friday Doris Phillips Loomis will provide insight on why consulting with an attorney is important in the development of any good estate plan.
We encourage you to share this valuable information with your family, friends, and colleagues. Please see the McGuire Wood & Bissette website for more information on our attorneys and service areas.