MWB Attorneys Beth Lane, Murphy Fletcher, Rebecca Crandall and Harris Livingstain are presenting “Brewery and Distillery Law in N.C.,” a Continued Legal Education (CLE) class Thursday, May 17 at the Hilton Garden Inn Asheville Downtown. The class runs through the day from 9am – 4:30pm with an hour break for lunch.
The brewing and distilling industries are rapidly growing, but complex state and federal regulations are ever-present obstacles to startups and established businesses alike. This legal program will teach you how to help your clients build a solid business; minimize liability; and navigate the licensing, labeling and tax reporting challenges along the way. You will also learn how to effectively protect your client’s intellectual property, avoid legal landmines in advertising and receive valuable tips for negotiating distribution agreements. Enhance your understanding of this unique area of law – register today!
- Advise your client on business entity selection, insurance, financing and more.
- Effectively navigate licensing and label approval procedures.
- Confidently advise your clients on state and federal regulations and tax reporting requirements.
- Receive beneficial advice for drafting an array of contracts ranging from distributor agreements to equipment leases.
- Ensure clients design substantially-compliant advertisements.
- Understand the nuances of protecting the intellectual property of breweries and distilleries.
- Anticipate and learn how to appropriately manage the different ethical situations that can arise.
Who Should Attend?
This basic-to-intermediate level program is designed for:
- Tax Preparers
- Brewery Owners/Operators
- Bankers/Loan Officers
See the full agenda, speaker descriptions and register here.