Will brings his jury trial experience from serving in the Judge Advocate General Corps with the U.S. Air Force to litigate your business disputes with confidence and common sense. He has a quick motto appreciated by clients and firm members which is BLUF – bottom line up front. We all want to know where we are headed as efficiently and effectively as possible. As an Asheville native, Will is excited to return to the community and join McGuire Wood & Bissette.
48 Patton Avenue
PO Box 3180
Asheville, North Carolina 28802-3180
- Distinguished by meritorious service as Area Defense Counsel at Incirlik Air Base, Turkey during Operation Inherent Resolve.
- Hand-picked by military leadership for the toughest cases, he litigated trials across the world earning outstanding results for nearly 600 Airmen.
- Provided Law of Armed Conflict Counsel ensuring the successful stand-up of a new Remotely Piloted Aircraft Squadron
- Wrote and successfully argued a motion to suppress critical evidence obtained unconstitutionally, resulting in some charges being dismissed with prejudice and then obtained a full acquittal of the client at trial.
- Represented and saved a military officer client's hard-earned retirement valued at $2.3 million.
In the community, Will’s service includes participation in organizations such as:
- Judge Advocate in the United States Air Force Reserve
- Asheville Affiliates (Board of Directors)
- Pisgah Legal Services’ Mountain Area Volunteer Lawyer Program
- Military Officers Association of America
North Carolina (2011)
U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina (2011)
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces (2012)
Charlotte School of Law (J.D. magna cum laude, 2011)
University of North Carolina at Charlotte (B.A. cum laude, 2010)
Air Force Commendation Medal (with one Oak Leaf Cluster)
Distinguished Graduate, United States Air Force Officer Training School
Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America