Will brings his jury trial experience from serving in the Judge Advocate General Corps with the U.S. Air Force to litigate your business disputes with confidence and common sense. He has a quick motto appreciated by clients and firm members which is BLUF – bottom line up front. We all want to know where we are headed as efficiently and effectively as possible. As an Asheville native, Will is excited to return to the community and join McGuire Wood & Bissette.
48 Patton Avenue
PO Box 3180
Asheville, North Carolina 28802-3180
- Distinguished by meritorious service as Area Defense Counsel at Incirlik Air Base, Turkey during Operation Inherent Resolve.
- Earned outstanding results for 555 Airmen facing adverse action, to include 20 courts-martial and 119 Article 15 actions.
- Hand-picked for the toughest cases, and his efforts fully exonerated five Airmen, returning them to full duty.
- Wrote and successfully argued a motion to suppress critical evidence obtained unconstitutionally, resulting in some charges being dismissed with prejudice and setting the stage for a full acquittal of the client.
- Represented and saved an officer client's hard-earned retirement valued at $2.3 million.
In the community, Will’s service includes participation in organizations such as:
- Judge Advocate in the United States Air Force Reserve
- Pisgah Legal Services’ Mountain Area Volunteer Lawyer Program
- Military Officers Association of America
- Charlotte Law Review, Editor-in-Chief (June 2010-May 2011)
- Order of the Crown, Associate Chief Justice (August 2009-May 2010)
- Research & Teaching Assistant (July 2009-May 2010)
North Carolina (2011)
U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina (2011)
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces (2012)
Charlotte School of Law (J.D. magna cum laude, 2011)
University of North Carolina at Charlotte (B.A. cum laude, 2010)
Air Force Commendation Medal (with one Oak Leaf Cluster)
Distinguished Graduate, United States Air Force Officer Training School
Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America